To see an updated calendar of all the Kitsap County ballroom dance activities (the recurring public dances, club dances, and lessons) for the month of June, please click on the “Kitsap Dance News” section of this https://advocatingforgodsnature.com website.
Unusual events (see below) for this month’s schedule are the “salsa series/flashmob routine,” which is being hosted by USA Dance Kitsap and the “Flag/BBQ/Congressman Kilmer/Open Lodge” event, being hosted by the Bremerton Elks.
Salsa Lessons (start 3 June) and Flashmob announcement.
USA Dance Kitsap will be teaching a salsa routine to be used in flashmob demonstrations. The lessons start Monday, 3 June.
Summary: For June, USA Dance Kitsap will host “Salsa-Beyond the Basics” on 3, 11, 18, and 25 June. Salsa is a beautiful, flowing Latin rhythm. Soleman and Angei will be teaching us a routine that our members can use in a flashmob dance (at various locations) this summer. This will be an intermediate-level dance class. If you would like to look at some of the moves ahead of time, please check out this video at https://www.youtube.com/playlist? list=PLJXB198rYa6kNkjVjotv5rB18QRteMZQ0
– When: Mondays (starting 3 June), 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
– Where: Mason Hall, 878 5th Street in Bremerton (Note: the Masons kindly let us use their hall).
– Who: All (couples and singles) invited.
– Instructor: Soleman Krebs and Angei Kostoff
– Cost: $40 for the four-week session, ($32 for USA Dance Members), or $12 per class on a drop-in basis. $5 per class for students. Any questions, please call us at 360-307-7198. If you’re interested in signing up for class, we’d appreciate an e-mail, so we can get your name on the class roster.
– Any questions, please call us at 360-307-7198. If you’re interested in signing up for a class, we’d appreciate an email (email@example.com) so we can get your name on the class roster.
– For details of all our dances and lessons, please go to our website at http://www.usadancekitsap.org or like us on Facebook (search “dance kitsap”).
— Source: USA Dance Kitsap email, 27 May 2019
8 June 2019 The flag, BBQ, and Congressman Kilmer (open house at the Bremerton Elks Lodge)
Though not a dance, this Open Lodge event at the Bremerton Elks provides a chance for those club nonmembers who want to see the club (since the Bremerton Elks hosts many ballroom dances) to do so. As per the Elks 2 June e-announcement:
“Open Lodge for our Flag Day celebration. Join us to celebrate the symbol of our nation and listen to keynote speaker, Congressman Derek Kilmer. The Scouts will participate also. Ceremony starts at 10:30 a.m. with Hamburgers on the Patio afterwards. Bring all your friends, relatives and anyone else you might meet on the way. Open to the public.”